• End benefits cuts and sanctions, which punish poor, disabled and vulnerable people
• End workfare – schemes where unemployed people are required to work for social security payments.
• Everyone to receive a Basic Income to allow everybody to make meaningful choices between paid employment, part-time work, self-employment, volunteering and encourage a better balance between work and everyday life.
• Introduce a Citizen’s Pension that would pay all pensioners a liveable amount, without means testing and would be linked to the rise in average earnings.
• Support children by more than doubling the rate of Child Benefit.
• Continue to provide separate and appropriate support for people with disabilities.
• Provide carers with more generous and consistent support.