- In the medium to long term we must reduce the pressures that lead to involuntary migration: limited economic opportunities, war or political repression, climate change and environmental degradation
- Reject both an open borders approach and an arbitrary numerical cap on net migration.
- Remove restrictions on foreign students.
- Abolish the family migration rules that require a British citizen to have an income of at least £18,600 a year before their spouse can come to live in the UK.
- Not simply accept people just because they are rich.
- Ensure that no prospective immigrant man, woman or child is held in detention.
Refugees & Asylum Seekers