The Green Party will
• Fight for a publicly funded, publicly provided health service free at the point of use.
• End the creeping privatisation of the NHS and repeal the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
• Stop further PFI contracts and end the inappropriate sale of NHS assets.
• Make mental health a much higher priority with resources to match this status.
• Prevent ill health more effectively by investing in a cleaner environment, good housing, promoting a balanced diet and material security.
• Provide free social care funded by taxation on the same basis as the NHS and integrated with the NHS.
• Promote cycling and walking to help reduce pollution and childhood asthma.
Across the UK, NHS services have been privatised and outsourced at an increasing rate since the Conservative/Lib Dem Coalition’s Heath and Social Care Act was passed in 2012. Theo is standing up for an NHS in public hands, speaking out against privatisation and supporting organisations like Save Our NHS which are fighting to keep our NHS as a public service.