The Green Party would:
- Promote a comprehensive system of local schools offering mixed ability teaching staffed by qualified teachers.
- Introduce smaller class sizes – no more than 20 students per class.
- Bring Academies and Free Schools into the Local Authority system.
- Scrap university tuition fees.
- Abolish SATS, League Tables and Ofsted and replace them with the evaluation of schools by parents, teachers and the local community.
- Extend free nutritious lunches to all children.
- Restore the Educational Maintenance Allowance for 16 and 17 year olds.
Theresa May has recently announced the Conservatives’ policy to abolish free school lunches, and cuts to school funding will affect every school in Frome. We need to do a better job of prioritising our children’s welfare and education.
Detailed policies: Education
Other relevant policies: