- Support the establishment of a People’s Constitutional Convention to agree radical changes to the governance of the UK. We will push the Convention for a new settlement that includes:
- Further devolution to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Greater powers for local and regional government.
- Electoral reform.
- ‘Total’ recall for all elected politicians.
- Local referenda and citizen’s initiatives.
- Replacing the House of Lords with a fully elected Upper House.
- The extension of the right to vote to all 16 year olds.
- A written constitution.
- Subject the new settlement to a referendum.
Public Administration & Government
Rights & Responsibilities