The Green Party will:
• End austerity and restore the public sector, creating over 1 million good jobs that pay at least a living wage.
• Pay for this with:
- A new wealth tax on the top 1% – UK individuals with assets of more than £3 million.
- A Robin Hood Tax on the banks.
- The closure of tax loopholes.
• Increase the minimum wage so that it reaches £10 an hour by 2020.
• End exploitative zero hours contracts.
• Introduce a 35-hour working week.
The Green Party would revitalise Somerset by creating jobs and investing in renewable energy – a sustainable economy that is a far cry from the Conservateives’ failed austerity programme, and its attempts to push through a dangerous and unnecessary new nuclear power station at Hinkley.
Relevant detailed policies: